Association “Pieriga partnership” is a non-governmental organization, we represent region of Babite (www.babite.lv), Marupe (www.marupe.lv) and Olaine (www.olaine.lv) municipalities, we bring together all three municipalities councils, non-governmental organizations and business representatives. Our objective is to develop regional development strategy for these three municipalities, to motivate local residents to submit and implement projects that contribute to local area environmental development, help to increase standards of living and promote positive recognizability. Also we organize actions of active local participants and manage allocated EU funds according to developed strategy.
Association was established on August 12., 2009., and registered on September 14.,2009.
Our goals and objectives:
- To encourage and support public participation in the development of rural areas;
- Develop and implement a strategy for sustainable rural development through public participation principles;
- To promote “Pieriga partnership” area development through forming collaboration among state, local, non-governmental organizations, companies and other institutions in Latvia and abroad.
- Promote community networking;
- Coordinate and attract financial, material, intellectual and other resources to achieve objectives of the Partnership;
- Representing the interests of the rural population in the national and international level.